Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Humbled

First of all, I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while. This week has been a bit challenging, both physically and emotionally. However, the Lord never ceases to amaze me.

I am so happy to tell you that I'm finally out of my boot and onto my brace. I can start wearing my tennis shoes again! I also started physical therapy yesterday...yay! The exercises that the PT gave me really work wonders. The only issue is that sometimes, if I overdo it, my foot swells up. Such was the case today. I had a wonderful day yesterday and got quite a bit done. I thought, if everything continues to go so smooth, I will be up and doing everything in no time.

Today, I planned on cooking some Indian food for my husband. I know that he has been missing home cooked Indian food all week, although he's too sweet to say anything. I woke up this morning and my foot was swollen and sore. I decided against cooking today but I was quite sad about it. I was looking forward to surprising my husband.

This is where the Lord comes in! Our friends Jenny and Joseph called, asking if they can come over to hang out. They have such a cute little daughter, Isabel. I LOVE seeing them and was quite excited to enjoy their company. Well, they came bearing gifts....lots of gifts. As in home cooked Indian food! Jenny just walked in and started filling my fridge. I was trying hard to hold back the tears. I'm amazed by God's love for us. He really does know the desires of our hearts, even when we don't ask Him.

They brought Chicken Biryani, Eggplant Curry, Chicken Fry, Spinach Poriyal, Sambar and Vijay's favorite, Dosa....wow! Jenny must have spent the entire day cooking! I am so grateful for such great friends. I'm grateful for all our friends...our friends from church, our friends from school, etc. Furthermore, I'm just humbled by God's love and His grace.

Joseph and Jenny, from the bottom of my heart, thank you! Thank you for your friendship and thank you for the comfort food. We are blessed to have you in our lives. We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment