Saturday, September 12, 2009

Mixed emotions

Yesterday, my husband came to San Antonio to spend the weekend with me and my family. He will be taking me back to Houston tomorrow. I was so thrilled to see him.

Part of me is sad to go back home to Houston tomorrow. Being here with my parents and brother has been wonderful. I realize that I take them all for granted. One of them has kept me company every second for the past 2 weeks. As an extrovert with a capital E, I cannot tell you how much I appreciate this. I can fill my whole blog on the the things my mom has done for me. As I write this, my brother is poking me, trying his best to irritate me. In a weird way, I am going to miss even this. There are no words to speak of my love for all of them.

Yet, another part of me is anxious to get back to our life in Houston. This was the longest time my husband and I have been apart since we've been married. I've missed him with each passing minute...we belong together. When I'm not with him, I worry about him. Has he eaten? Does he feel lonely? Did he get enough sleep? I am aware he is a grown man who can take care of himself but these nagging thoughts go through my head. Even though there's not much I can do for him right now, I'm glad that I get to see him and be with him. He has been nothing short of wonderful to me.

Being torn in my heart only makes me realize how blessed I am to have such an incredible family. Thank you Lord.

2 comments:

  1. you are such a sweet worrier. You always worry, remember how mad I used to get if you asked me if I remembered to eat lunch : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...I do remember. I promise it's out of love. :)

    ReplyDelete