Thursday, September 17, 2009

Costco..enough said.

If you know me at all, you know that I have an incredibly unhealthy fascination with Costco. It's a love affair that began a few years ago and it all started with Christmas wrapping paper.

Growing up, we spent our Christmases with my aunt, uncle and our adorable twin cousins. Through the years, my aunt and uncle always had the most gorgeously wrapped presents. They were so beautiful that I was afraid to touch them..literally. Believe you me, that was hard because I was the kid who would try to take a sneak peak at all the goodies under the tree. At one point, I became more enamored with the wrapping paper than the gift itself. Then, I discovered their secret. Each year, they bought their wrapping paper from Costco!

Ever since then, I've been an avid fan of Costco. To this day, come rain or shine, if you ask me to go to Costco, I will be ready in 5 minutes flat (a feat you won't see too often). Me in Costco is like a kid at FAO Schwarz. In fact, before I met my husband, my list of requirements for a partner went something like this. Must love me. Must love my family. Must love Costco.

In these past 6 weeks, there are lots of things I've missed doing, things I've taken for granted. One of those things are my bi-weekly Costco trips. So, on Monday, after my doctor's appointment, my husband asked me what I'd like to do. Bursting at the seams, I said...honey, can you please take me to Costco? He said: really? I said: REALLY! So, off we went. When I got in, I was so happy to flash my Costco executive member card at the door, smile at the employees in their red and blue Costco vests and most of all, gaze at their CHRISTMAS items! They had their Christmas items people! Unfortunately, I didn't see this year's wrapping paper, but I can't wait!

On more than one occasion, my husband has told me that I need to work in Costco's corporate office. Considering it's in Issaquah, WA, that's out of the question. Mr. Sinegal (that's Costco's CEO), in the 1 in a 100 million chance you're reading this and have a telecommuting position available, know that you can count on me to faithfully carry out the job requirements. Sir, I have lost count of how many folks became Costco members after I (Priya), introduced them to your wonderful establishment. Furthermore Mr. Sinegal, I have lured many patrons away from your competitor, Sam's. Now you tell me, how many employees of yours can say that?

In any event, I think it's safe to say....I love Costco.

2 comments:

  1. costco is the best place in the universe. I knew you were my bff for a reason. gracie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet another reason why we're best buds for sure. :) I love you Gracie!

    ReplyDelete