Sunday, September 13, 2009

A girl named Grace

There's this girl named Grace. She's smart, fun, beautiful, sweet, funny and kind. She stands 4 ft. 11 1/4 inches tall (and you better acknowledge the 1/4 inch or she will hurt you). She may be tiny but her personality is larger than life.

I am convinced that she is going to run for the President of the United States one day. If not that, she will go on to do some huge thing(s) in her life, especially involving our country.

I met Grace in 2003...and we've been best friends since. We were roommates for 2 years and she was the best roomie a girl could ask for! Sadly, in 2006, we were no longer roomies. She left me to go on to Law School in Virginia....oh the nerve of her! Of course, I upped and got married too.

The thing that makes our friendship incredibly special is that we call to tell each other the most stupid, meaningless, mundane things in life. Things like, dude, my mom just cooked and I can't get the smell of curry off my shirt . Or, I had toilet paper stuck to the back of my shoe and didn't know it for 2 hours. We are always there for each other. If I'm going through something, I know I can call Grace and she will listen and pray for me, without judging me. I hope she feels the same way too. Well, today is Grace's birthday.

Gracie, happy birthday! I pray that the Lord will bless you mightily this year. May He bless all the efforts of your hands. I am so blessed to have you in my life. I am proud of you and can't wait to see the great things God has in store for you. Even though I can't be with you today, know that I'm thinking of you and praying for you. I love you with all my heart!

2 comments:

  1. There's a reason why God had me wait to read this. I needed this today

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't God so good in that way? Grace, I love you and miss you so very much! I meant every word I said!

    ReplyDelete