Monday, September 14, 2009

One in a million

Sometimes, I pinch myself because I can't believe what a good man I married! He worked from home today so he can take me to my doctor's appointment (more on that tomorrow), took me to one of my favorite places, Costco (even more on that tomorrow), fixed me dinner and made sure my every need was taken care of.

It's the little things he does which matter to me. He puts toothpaste on my toothbrush and pulls up a chair next to the sink so I don't have to stand and brush. He makes me coffee, gives me my medicine and makes sure I'm settled in my spot every morning with my laptop and phone. He makes darn sure I always have drinking water sitting next to me.

When we go out, he holds my crutches and purse while I go down the stairs, runs to the car and moves it so that I don't have to hop too far and opens the door for me. He fixes me dinner (plus breakfast and lunch when he can) and everything he makes is unfreakinbelievably delicious!

Tomorrow, he has to travel for work, just for the day. You know what my sweet man did? He took a large brown bag, filled it with everything I would need in the morning and put it right next to my spot. He fixed my lunch and kept it in the fridge so all I'd need to do is go and get it.

You know what I love the most? I've never told him to do any of these things....he just does them. In fact, I've told him so many times that I can do these things myself but he doesn't let me lift a finger. I won't forget all that he's done for me these past 6 weeks.

Everyday, I feel like God is loving me through him. I hope that one day, my son will be just like his daddy and that my daughter will marry someone just like her daddy. Sweetheart, you really are one in a million.

No comments:

Post a Comment