Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A special message for Cat

I have three of the world's greatest friends: Cat, Relin and Grace. I met Cat and Relin in college while living in Dallas. The 3 of us were inseparable. We took all our classes together, tricked our professors, pulled all nighters, told each other everything and basically came into adulthood together.

We used to stay up all night talking about finding our prince charming, dreaming about our weddings, having kids, raising them together, sitting on the front porch on our rockers, sipping iced tea when we are old and gray. We have seen each other through laughter and tears. These are my girls and I love them with my whole heart.

Heck, we even talked about our kids marrying one another so we can all be in-laws. As life would have it, things don't exactly go as we plan them. Many times, God has a different, much better plan for us.

Relin and I got married in 2007 and moved to Houston. I felt terrible leaving Cat, especially because she was planning her own wedding in 2008.

Even though I was there for her, I missed out on the little things in the most stressful (and glorious) time in a girl's life...planning a wedding. Choosing the invitations, meeting the florist, endless dress fittings, working out to get in shape to get into the gown, helping with the seating arrangements, picking out the menu for the reception, etc.

Today, I missed another great milestone. Cat and Keefe got the keys to their first new home as a married couple. :)

Cat, I know how stressful it must be, packing a million boxes and moving into a new place. I'm deeply sorry I am not there with you to help you through this process. However, my heart is bursting with joy for you and Keefe. I pray that God will bless you in your new home. May you both make wonderful, warm memories that you can look back on for many years to come. The Lord has you in the palm of His hands. May His peace always reign in your home. I love you so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment