Friday, September 4, 2009

My brother's shenanigans

I was on the phone with an important client this afternoon. Just so you know, it doesn't take much for me to laugh, especially while I'm on the phone. My brother knows how to take full advantage of this.

While I was on the call with this client, he randomly starts tossing things at me....a sock, a cold pack, etc. I got off the call and gave him a good piece of my mind. (Let me back up here to tell you that my work space is on a twin bed with a ton of pillows propped up behind me.) Then, I removed all the objects he threw...or so I thought.

After I got done working, I went to my parent's room to spend some time with them. My mom walks out of their room to get something and starts to shriek after taking one look at my bed. She goes: "Priya, look what you did! I can't believe you sometimes!"

As she was screaming, I mean shrieking, things were racing through my mind. I first thought: she is probably trying to play a prank on me. Then, her tone became progressively more severe. At this point, I became concerned, thinking, "what could I have possibly done??"

She walks in the room with the crisp white sheets in her hand and there was this huge spot on it. I looked at her in horror, completely confused!

Then, on her other hand, she pulled out a gold wrapper...like the one on a mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cup! Do you have any idea what a smashed Reese's Peanut Butter Cup looks like on white sheets?!

I started laughing so hard, tears rolling down my cheeks while gasping for air! For the life of me though, I couldn't figure out where the Reese's came from! After some time had passed, I casually mentioned to my brother what happened.

He just bursts out laughing and goes..."Priya, remember when I was throwing things at you? Well, one of those things was a Reese's! It probably got buried under your pillows!"

Good thing I didn't have my crutch right next to me! He would've been begging for mercy! Well, needless to say, we both had a great laugh over it.

Ah, brothers!

No comments:

Post a Comment