Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Random Thoughts

My blog needs some TLC. I've been slacking. Not intentionally though. I've had so much going on this past week that I don't know where to start. Here's a quick run down of this week's events, along with random thoughts.

  • Monday was a crazy day. One of our friends' apartment got broken into, while they were in there, sleeping! Crazy or what?? Thankfully, no one was hurt and as far as we know, nothing was stolen. Can I say God's grace and protection??
  • According to the doc, I need to start using a bone growth stimulator..more on that later.
  • I finally started cooking....which is huge.
  • So far this week, I've made Squash Lasagna with Bechamel Sauce, Parmesan Breadsticks, Baked Squash, Couscous, Spinach Salad, Sambar, Tindoora Poriyal and Zucchini Lasagna, which is cooling as I write this.
  • My husband made spinach daal for dinner tonight....it was wonderful. Our friends Jenny, Joseph and Isabel came over and we all had dinner together. :)
  • Tomorrow, I'm going to start cooking for my husband's birthday. I finally got all the ingredients I needed, after going to 4 different grocery stores.
  • I'm making Mutton Biryani and Channa.
  • Jenny is making Poori and my mom is making Chicken Kozhambu.
  • Yes, I said my mom!! My parents and brother are coming on Friday to celebrate my husband's birthday! Yay! I have the most wonderful family!
  • I need to bake my husband a chocolate cake...still looking for a recipe.
  • Going to physical therapy twice a week. Each time, it gets harder but I know it's worth it. I try not to schedule anything on my PT days because I'm just so exhausted.
  • Our friends from home group are moving into our apartment community....I'm so excited we're going to be neighbors! They have the cutest little boy with gorgeous bright blue eyes!
  • With some help from friends, I decided to buy a BBQ grill for my husband. I was so excited to finally find a gift.
  • I checked with our apartment and they said BBQ grills are allowed as long as we have renter's insurance (which we do).
  • Then, they told me they misspoke. We cannot grill on our patio. The grill must be at least 15 feet away from our building...seriously??!
  • A couple weeks ago, I signed up for a mentoring program through our church. It's a great program called Kid's Hope. Please check it out at http://www.kidshopeusa.org/. I need to pick up my badge at school this week but still haven't done it.
  • We finally found and purchased an unlimited long distance phone plan for my work. It's called Ooma. It's $250 but we found it at Best Buy for $220 plus tax. With a 10% off coupon, it came out to $217, including tax. Steep, yes but it's a one time fee for unlimited long distance. I average 3,600 minutes per month for work so it's worth it.
  • I'm looking for a Panasonic DECT phone to go with it. Hopefully, I can find a used one on Craigslist.
  • I made reservations for my husband I at Fogo De Chao for his birthday on Monday. He LOVES that place. I found an ad for a Fogo De Chao gift card. After bargaining with the lady, I bought the gift card at a 25% discounted rate.
  • This is embarrassing but we have a mouse (or rat) problem in our apartment. We keep our apartment quite clean. We've laid out 3 mouse traps. Still haven't caught the pesky creature.

Ok, that about sums it up. My brain is going at 150 miles an hour. I'm sure I'll wake up in the middle of the night and go...I forgot to mention this!

I'm still looking for gift ideas for my husband. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read this blog! Good night!

p.s. I hope my lasagna has cooled by now, so I can stick it in the fridge. My mom always told me that bacteria multiplies if you stick something warm in the fridge. See mom, I am listening to you even when you don't think I am. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment