Saturday, October 10, 2009

10 week follow up

Yesterday, I had my 10 week follow up with my Orthopedist. I was super excited to go, thinking this would be my last visit. Well, I was wrong. After I got some x-rays done, I went into a room, waiting for the PA and the Doctor. They came in and had a puzzled look on their faces. They told me that for some reason, my bone hasn't fully healed. According to the doctor, normally, it would take 8 weeks for a bone to heal and considering my age and health, there was no reason why the bone shouldn't heal.


Initially, I was quite disappointed and visibly upset to hear about the results of the x-rays. This lasted only for a brief moment because I realized that I serve a great God. It's amazing how God prepares you for every situation in your life. The morning of my appointment, I was watching Marilyn Hickey while getting ready. She was talking about the healing power of God and His word. She talked about a woman who was completely healed from having 26 tumors on her body!

I was reminded of this when I was at the doctor's office. I claimed that God is my healer and He is going to make my bone grow. His word says that and He never lies. I thank God for loving me enough to prepare me and give me strength for every situation in life. His mercies are new every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment