Thursday, October 8, 2009

I need some ideas

My husband's birthday is in 10 1/2 days and I've done absolutely nothing for it yet. Usually by now, I would have his gift, made him a card, and pretty much planned out the entire day but not this year. I'm stuck...just completely stuck.

Starting with gifts. One of my husband's true loves is cars. He has been wanting a BMW 3 series (sports package) for quite some time. That's the only thing he really wants. Obviously, that's waaaaay out of my reach, for a gift. I don't want to get him clothes...face it, that's just boring. I don't want to get him a gift card to his favorite anything because although practical, it's too predictable. Same goes for cash. I made him a scrapbook one year...I'm not making that mistake again. Anyone got any ideas?

I usually buy or bake him a cake. This year, I'll bake. At least that's covered. As for an activity, I want to take him to a race track but his wrist has been hurting. I definitely don't want to add to that. I thought I'd treat him to a weekend away, just the two of us, but that's more my thing. Not sure how he'd feel about it. Besides, we live in Houston....where can I go within a 50 mile radius, which doesn't scream big city?

The only other thing I somewhat have planned out is his birthday breakfast, lunch and dinner. I'll probably make him a nice breakfast involving chocolate, cook lunch and take him out for a nice dinner. Growing up, I know what his mom made for his birthday lunch. I want him to have that nostalgic, childhood experience all over again. I just hope I can do a half decent job in recapturing that.

My goal is to just let him know that he's loved and respected....a LOT, by me. If any of you wise women (or men) have some ideas, please send them my way...please.

No comments:

Post a Comment