Thursday, October 15, 2009

Gross

As mentioned in my previous post, we're having mouse/mice issues.

This past weekend, while I cooked, my husband cleaned the apartment. It was totally spotless. Not to brag or anything but our apartment management has even asked if they can show our apartment to future residents. Point is, it's relatively clean. I definitely didn't think it was attractive to a mouse. Of course, I was wrong.

This morning, my husband woke up to find a mouse had eaten through a large brown paper bag to get to a mini 3 Musketeers bar! Is that crazy or what?? I cleaned our kitchen counters and stove top last night and put every drop of food away before I went to bed. This brown paper bag I speak of was in our living room. It had a random assortment of things in it. We totally forgot that the 3 Musketeers bar was in there.

Last night, I couldn't sleep much thinking about the mouse. So far, it has shown itself in our kitchen, our washer/dryer closet and the living room. We have never seen it but it has definitely left us "evidence" each time. One day, I found a white spot in our dark brown leather recliner. Upon further inspection, it looked like something bit a hole on our recliner and the white stuffing was sticking out. I'm almost 100% positive it was the mouse, although my husband is not so sure.

The maintenance guy has come to check it out and laid 3 traps with cheese. Still, no luck. What concerns me is that we have no clue where it's coming from. My biggest concern now is that my family is visiting this weekend and someone will be sleeping in the living room. Scary thought. After some research, I've found that the best way to get rid of a mouse is to borrow a cat. We have several friends who would let us do that but our apartment is a pet free community.

Has anyone ever had issues with mice before? Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment