Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sleeping in

A funny thing happened this morning. I was in a deep sleep, probably dreaming of swimming in the beach. All of a sudden, I hear a loud knock on our door. I jolted out of bed and my inital reaction was to run and open the door.

Then, I came to my senses and realized...oh yeah, I can't walk on one leg. I looked at the clock and guess what time it was people? 8:45 a.m.....on a Saturday morning. My mind was still foggy from being like, dude, you're not on a beach....you're in Texas. My mom answered the door.

It was the next door neighbor and guess what he wanted? Come on, guess. He wanted an egg. Uh huh, an EGG. My mom, being as sweet as she is, gave him an egg. In fact, she told him he can have the whole carton. She then proceeded to tell me what a wonderful guy he was.

I said: "Mom, I just have one question for you. Does he have kids?" Her answer...he has two little ones.

Remember yesterday when I posted that our friends who have children don't get to sleep in much on Saturday mornings? Well, case in point.

The Lord knows how badly I want kids. Until He blesses us with children, I am going to enjoy sleeping in on Saturday mornings....and dreaming of swimming in the beach. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment