Friday, August 28, 2009

Friday night blues

Warning: If mushy stuff makes you want to hurl, you may want to steer clear of this post.

I love Friday evenings. Whether my husband & I realize it or not, Friday evenings have become our unofficial date nights. It is our time to unwind and reconnect after a long week, just the two of us. We usually go out to dinner. Many times, we order take out, get a movie from Redbox, and snuggle up on the couch. (By the way, how awesome is Redbox?!)

This may not sound earth shatteringly exciting to some people but I get so excited just thinking about it. Hey, what can I say? I'm easy to please. (Someone tell my husband how lucky he is that I'm so low maintenance).

Another reason I love Friday is because we get to sleep in and wake up late on Saturday. Several of our friends who have kids tell us over and over again to enjoy this because once we are blessed with kids, there is no such thing as sleeping in for oh, 18 years.

So, I've learned to savor this time with my husband even more. Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, Friday night date night.

I am loving being here with my parents and brother but I deeply miss my husband. It's like a part of me is missing.

Honey, I love you so much. I miss you each day we're apart. I miss you even more today.

Lord, thank you for blessing me with such a wonderful man. Please watch over him and protect him. May your presence always be with him. While we're apart, knit our hearts closer together and make us one. In Jesus' name, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE YOU and miss you too babe. I am blessed to have you for my wife...vijay

    ReplyDelete