Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Secret Pact

I am now convinced that my mom and my husband have an unspoken, secret pact. It is as if they got together and decided that in the face of me, united they stand.

On more than one occasion, I have had to remind my mom: Hey mom, remember, you gave birth to me in a village, on November 15, 1980? Remember the incredible pain you felt while giving birth but the moment you laid eyes on me, you knew you had meaning to life, a reason for living?

She looks back at me going, "Lady, I have NO idea what you are talking about."

Furthermore, she looks at my husband going: "You can do no wrong in my eyes and if you & what's her name ever get into a fight, I promise I will always take your side."

This love fest is sickening I tell you.

Can someone please explain to me how this happened?

No comments:

Post a Comment