Thursday, August 27, 2009

Our trip to San Antonio

To have a change of pace, I decided to go to my parents' home in San Antonio for a few days. My brother picked my mom and me up & off we went.

One great thing about being in my parents' home is that I don't have to deal with stairs. My husband and I live on the second floor of an apartment complex. Each time we had to go out, it would be this huge production.

Let me back up. Normally, it takes me a while to get ready. Without the use of one leg temporarily, that time has doubled. On top of that, going up and down the stairs takes longer. You should see me going up the stairs. I scooch up on my tush and pray that none of my neighbors see me.

Anyways, you should have been with us on our drive to San Antonio. Usually, we listen to the radio but we decided to play a game of "guess who" instead. One person imitates a family member while the others try to figure out who they're imitating.

For example, my family makes fun of me for apologizing too much. I say sorry for things I do, things I don't do. I apologize for the neighbor, the neighbor's dog, his cat and his mama. (Yes, I should probably see a therapist about that). So, my family loves to imitate me.

On an on we went for a whole 3 1/2 hours!! Our extended family is so huge that we probably only covered 1/3 of them. I was laughing so hard, tears were streaming down my face. I realize that this is an incredibly messed up form of entertainment but man, was it fun!

I always love coming to my parents' home. I am so grateful that they live only a few hours away. The only bad part this time is that my husband can't be with us. I miss him so much my heart hurts. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment